Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thai Peanut Sauce

Many of you know that I am getting ready to go on a couple of backpacking trips this summer. I am always looking for a tasty, quick, and easy backpacking recipe. I have found several I really like. If you like Thai food, you’ll like this one. It’s a peanut sauce over ramen noodles. At home you would use a better noodle. Peanut Sauce 2 scallions, 1 clove of garlic, 2 T soy sauce, hot sauce to taste, 1 T sesame oil, 1 T rice wine vinegar, 1 T sugar, 1 T Peanut oil, 1/3 cup chunky PB, 1/3 cup sesame seeds, 1/4 cup cold water, Put in a blender and make a sauce. Then I dehydrated the concoction and walla, backpacking Thai peanut sauce. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds, and peanuts. Enjoy, I know I did.

3 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

So if I were to not dehydrate it would it still work? Sounds tasty and something we want to try this week

Karrie said...

Sounds very good. I might have to try it. But, I don't have a blender. I'll save it for when my house is done and I get my blender out of storage. When that happens, I'll be asking for your favorite milk shake recipe!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Thanks for the message, we were out getting groceries. I have it planned for next week but I think Im going to add chicken to it. I cant wait!!!